Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bike Destination Vacation - Day 6

Long Lost Cousins Reunited


Day 6 Original Plan:  Hang out in Laramie, WY and visit family.

New Day 6 Plan:  Bike Curt Gowdy, WY in the morning and visit family in the afternoon/evening.

LOOK!  This sign says IMBA on it. . .

Yep, we got up early and went to Curt Gowdy State Park – the greatly advertised mountain bike destination.  This is a place EVERYONE should go (so I have been told). 

Scenic Trail Photo OP

After surviving my ride (and the cow incident) at Curt Gowdy, we headed back to Laramie, WY to hang out some more with our families.  By now, Darius’s nephew has arrived from Fort Collins, CO and his cousin has flown in from Hawaii so he has a whole bunch of family.  Me?  I have a long lost cousin from back in my childhood that is now living in Laramie.  Haven’t seen him in a loooooong time and wasn’t even sure if we were going to get along.  Had to admit that we were friends on Facebook and he has an adorable 2-year-old (who has a LOT of energy). 
Cousins Forever

We went to my cousin’s house and hung out with him and his three monkeys (I mean kids – really they were quite well behaved – QUIET really – guess Darius and I are kind of scary) and then went to dinner when his wife arrived home.  A great visit, actually.  He’s doing well and seems content.  Since I ADORE his parents, it was nice to get reacquainted with him.  Hope to see him again as these bike trips may have to become a habit. 
Poor hubby was falling asleep at the table at dinner so after our visit, we called it an early night.  Guess all this fresh air at high altitudes is starting to take it’s toll.

Another day gone by.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...wish I could've joined you and those monkeys!

    ReplyDelete