Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sawtooth Trail Revisited


A Chance to do a Little Better!


Sawtooth Trail, here I come! 





We were only doing a drive-by visit to this trail, today, so I had to change in the car.  I have become completely shameless in my desire to ride bike . . . OK, I had a blanket up to hide behind.  Geez!
Having already experienced this trail several days ago, and having ridden similar terrain for the last few days, I was READY to PR some trail (PR Stands for personal record on Strava).




SIDE NOTE:  Strava is this GPS tracking program where bikers, runners, and other sports fanatics can upload their times from their GPS Device.  Then other exercise freaks can compare themselves on different segments for these rides, run, etc.
This is what my ride looks like on Strava.  Then it gives you some extra data. 

You can see your elevation and even see your speed if you call it up.

Lastly, it shows you all your trophies and medals.  Trophies are given by placing in the top ten riders.  Medals are you racing against yourself.  It tells you this is a second best time for you.  And PR is what we all strive for because it shows we improved.  Unlike last ride, where I had no places scored, I did manage a few trophies this time.  I’d been practicing, heh heh.


Again, this is about a 9-10 mile trek through the mountainous terrain on single track trails.  Can you say, “a piece of heaven?” 
The ride was great and I went over and through all sorts of rocky stuff I wouldn’t even consider attempting last week.  We took a little different route, this ride, and ended up looping around to a final descent into the parking lot.  FUNNEST RIDE EVER!!! 

The best part was the weather.  It looked like rain when we took off, but the rain was courteous enough to hold out until we were done.  Once in the car and back on the road, MAJOR downpour.

No comments:

Post a Comment