Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bike Destination Vacation - Day 7

Will We EVER Stick to the Plan?

 

Day 7 Original Plan:  Biking at Curt Gowdy State Park, WY and visit family some more.

New Day 7 Plan:  Bike Vedauwoo, WY in the morning and visit family in the afternoon/evening.

Newer Day 7 Plan:  HIKE Vedauwoo, WY in the morning and visit family in the afternoon/evening.


Where is Darius?

The big activity of the day was visiting Vedauwoo.  I had been there before on previous visits, so I put on some hiking shoes and off we went.  Darius’s family came with and we hiked a little over three miles on something called Turtle Rock Trail.
















The guys were like kids and climbed many rocks while I hung at the bottom with Darius’s aunt. 

My first Moose Sighting!

There is so much to look at and enjoy here but my best part was my climbing a rock to look at the water and seeing this enormous moose on the other side.  He was as big as a cow (oops, different story).  As I was desperately trying to get my camera out, he turned and bolted but I did manage one not so great shot of him running off into the woods.

Turtle Rock Trail

Practically the whole time we were hiking, Darius was telling me how this trail was totally rideable.  He was working out how he would get over and around different rock sections.

Family Moment

Somewhere near the end of our hike, Darius and I got separated from his family.  I was really slowing down as I could feel a blister forming on my left foot.  I was frustrated that we had gotten so far ahead of the rest of our group.  We stopped at a bench and they still never caught up.  Finally, we return to our car and it turns out his family had taken a short cut.  My poor feet wished they had taken a short cut too.



We all went home for a nap and then Darius decided he wanted to go back and ride Vedauwoo.  I bowed out.  My blister was the size of my baby toe (really, I just needed a vacation from my vacation).  I convinced his cousin to borrow a bike and go with him.  YAY!  Uninterrupted hotel time for me.   A quick trip to the hot tub and then some photo organizing and catching up on these crazy messages I am typing to keep my friends and family updated on our FUN!  And maybe a few reruns of Big Bang Theory while I type.


Aaah, a very peaceful evening.  We hit the road again, tomorrow.  Still working the return to Truckee issue – hope I win.

Final Day 7 Activities:  Hiked Vedauwoo and hung at hotel while hubby went back and biked Vedauwoo is with his cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment