Monday, June 18, 2012

Putt Putt Trail

Best Trail EVER!!


This time with a map - see we do learn

We arrived at Jackson Hole, Wyoming, much earlier than anticipated and were so tired of being in the car; we bypassed getting our hotel room and went straight to a bike tour shop to get a map and advice on good trail locations.  The owner hooked us up with what I am now calling the BEST RIDE EVER!!!

Can you tell we are having FUN?

We shimmied to the edge of town and geared up.  Ooops!  Forgot to stop for water, AGAIN!  Thankfully, it was in the mid-70s so we weren’t as worried about heat exhaustion this ride.  We poured more of our spare water bottles into our Camelbacks and off we went.

This girl LOVES to RIDE

The first trail was a gradual uphill climb called “Sidewalk” trail.  At first it was single track on what felt like clay then became the dirt with small boulders we had previously been riding the last couple of days.  I was rockin’ this.  After two days of practice on this stuff, I was now comfortable enough to ride through all these crazy rock beds.

Like Mini Grind but with a View


We then dropped down onto a fire road that continued to take you up.  It reminded me of the mini-grind at Fort Ord only with a spectacular set of views added in.  We did stop a lot on this road because there was so much to take pictures of.

A bumpy ride UP

After a few miles of road, we turned onto a steeper uphill climb (YES, I again had to play hike-a-bike) but it was more a mile long steep climb and then the rest was AMAZING!!!! 

A bumpy ride DOWN

We were now ripping it down “Putt Putt” trail.  It weaved up, down, left and right all over the contour lines of our mountain.  At one point I looked out and realized I was waaaaay up high.  DARN!  I looked!  I had to stop and catch my breath (told Darius it was for a photo op) because I was about to the top of the mountain peaks.  OK, maybe not, but it sure LOOKED and FELT like it.

We sure are high up here

Imagine miles of rolling single track with random rock patches and tree root patches and a few small drops (I FINALLY landed my first small drop without mishap) and random steep downhill and. . .well, I could gush forever!!  This is by far the funnest trail I have EVER been on.  Jackson Hole, people, get the locals to show you where this trail is.







No comments:

Post a Comment